CRTech Announces the Version 5.5 is
Boulder, Colorado — March 1, 2012
CRTech is pleased to announce that Version 5.5 of SINDA/FLUINT, Sinaps®, CRTech SpaceClaim®, Thermal Desktop®, RadCAD®, and FloCAD® are now available. A new module, Mesh Generation for SpaceClaim®, is also being debuted.
Mesh Generation for SpaceClaim® is an add-on module for CRTech SpaceClaim. CAD geometry can be either generated or imported and defeatured using CRTech SpaceClaim. With the Mesh Generation module, analysts can define thermal model preparations that are not lost when the geometry changes. Analysts can mesh surfaces and solids, tag surfaces for heat loads, contact conductance, convection, and easily update the model in Thermal Desktop if the part geometry or the mesh changes.
No longer is the thermal analyst burdened by having to use a structural mesh; with Mesh Generation for SpaceClaim, you can control the detail of the mesh to match your needs.
- Advanced meshing capabilities beyond the Thermal Desktop mesher
- One-button update after making changes to either the geometry or the mesh
Please visit the Mesh Generation for SpaceClaim press release and product page for more information, an overview video, and usage examples.
SINDA/FLUINT Revision Highlights
- New lump initialization options are available to the user. The initial void fraction (AL) may now be specified as an alternative input to quality (XL). For twinned tanks, specifying AL corresponds to setting the initial volume of each tank. Additionally the user may now specify unique initial temperatures for vapor and liquid in a twinned tank using the new TLV option.
- The AMG-CG simultaneous solution and the Solver NLP module have both been updated for improved speed and robustness.
Sinaps Revision Highlights
- The ability to export and import Tables has been added to Sinaps. Tables can be exported individually, as a selected subset of tables, or as a whole (all tables).
- New features have been added to support the new SINDA/FLUINT void fraction and twin tank initialization options.
Thermal Desktop/RadCAD/FloCAD Revision Highlights
- New import and dynamic linking between Thermal Desktop and CRTech SpaceClaim has been added primarily to support the new Mesh Generation for SpaceClaim product being offered with this 5.5 release. This new feature allows the passing of not just geometry updates but also submodel, material, optical properties, domains for tag sets and more between Mesh Generation for SpaceClaim and Thermal Desktop.
- An all new, more robust and faster, mesher has been added to Thermal Desktop. Although the mesh controls in Thermal Desktop appear the same, the underlying mesh process has been improved resulting in cleaner meshing.
Of note to our clients, the Compaq Visual Fortran compiler version of SINDA/FLUINT is no longer supported. Please contact the CRTech support team to learn about compiler upgrade options. Customers under current support contracts may download the updated versions for free, however they will need to contact our support department for new license files.
SpaceClaim® is a registered trademark of SpaceClaim Corporation.
CRTech provides products and services in the areas of heat transfer and fluid system design and analysis. Our customer base spans a broad spectrum of industries. Our tools have been chosen by NASA, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin as their standard for thermal analysis. We are the authors of the codes we sell and support commercially with personnel devoted to customer support, marketing, sales, training, and consulting. For more information please visit www.crtech.com.